Update on the Annual School Essay Contest
The prizes will be presented to the winning students at a formal ceremony on Thursday evening, June 5th, 2008 during the monthly general meeting of RPOCA. The location is the auditorium of Intermediate School 93, located at Madison Street and Forest Avenue. The meeting will begin at 7:30pm. The winning students will have an opportunity to read their essay that evening, and be in a group photo that will be published in the Times Newsweekly. Mayor Bloomberg has been invited to this event. We have already provided his office with some sample essays.
The following 11 Ridgewood schools are participating in the essay contest this year:
• IS 75 Ms. Brenda Gallashaw, Principal;
• PS 68 Ms. Anne Marie Scalfano, Principal;
• PS 81 Ms. Genevieve Ventura, Principal;
• PS 88 Ms. Linda China, Principal;
• PS 239 Ms. Robin Connolly, Principal;
• IS 77 Mr. Joseph Miller, Principal;
• IS 93 Mr. Edward Santos, Principal;
• St. Aloysius Ms. Virginia Daly, Principal;
• Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, Ms. Margaret Baxter, Principal;
• St. Matthias, Ms. Barbara Wehnes, Principal;
• St. Brigid's, Ms. Sheila Smith Gonzalez, Principal.
The following are the names of the review and selection team: Maryellen Borello, Donna Dowd, Pat Grayson, Donald Groppe, Maureen Hess, John Maier, George Miller, Linda Monte, Steven Monte, Terry Onody and Luis Rodriguez. RPOCA Board member Steve Monte, chaired and coordinated this annual Ridgewood Schools Essay Contest event.